An alien artifact turns a young girl into Death's adopted daughter in Remote Control, a thrilling sci-fi tale of community and female empowerment from Nebula and Hugo Award-winner Nnedi Okorafor
"She's the adopted daughter of the Angel of Death. Beware of her. Mind her. Death guards her like one of its own."
The day Fatima forgot her name, Death paid a visit. From hereon in she would be known as Sankofa—a name that meant nothing to anyone but her, the only tie to her family and her past.
Her touch is death, and with a glance a town can fall. And she walks—alone, except for her fox companion—searching for the object that came from the sky and gave itself to her when the meteors fell and when she was yet unchanged; searching for answers.
But is there a greater purpose for Sankofa, now that Death is her constant companion?
Winner of the AudioFile Earphones Award (audiobook version).
At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied.
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Latinx Heritage Month
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Fiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Nonfiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a book set in South America or Central America
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Social Science Book (Gender and Feminism)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Fiction and Mysteries)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Non Fiction)
- Historical Romance Novels
- See all
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- Audiobooks for Latinx Heritage Month
- Historical Romance Audiobooks
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- 2020 Audie Finalists
- See all
- Featured Magazines
- Let's Get Cooking!
- News, Politics, and Business
- Lifestyle Magazines
- Popular Magazines
- All Magazines
- See all