From the New York Times best-selling author of How Children Succeed, an essential handbook of "informative and effective methods to help children overcome issues and thrive at home and in school"*—now including sixteen new infographics!
In How Children Succeed, Paul Tough introduced us to research showing that personal qualities like perseverance, self-control, and conscientiousness play a critical role in children's success.
Now, in Helping Children Succeed, Tough takes on a new set of pressing questions: What does growing up in poverty do to children's mental and physical development? How does adversity at home affect their success in the classroom, from preschool to high school? And what practical steps can the adults who are responsible for them take to improve their chances for a positive future?
Tough once again encourages us to think in a new way about the challenges of childhood. Mining the latest research in psychology and neuroscience, he provides us with insights and strategies for a new approach to childhood adversity, one designed to help many more children succeed.
* (Kirkus Reviews)
- #BroaderBookshelf - Science Fiction
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Staff Picks: Mystery Series Edition
- #BroaderBookshelf: Books Set in the Middle East
- #BroaderBookshelf: Summer
- #BroaderBookshelf - Autumn
- Latinx Heritage Month
- See all
- #BroaderBookshelf - Audio Science Fiction
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- #BroaderBookshelf: YA Titles
- Staff Picks: eaudio Titles
- Audiobooks for Latinx Heritage Month
- See all