The Bluest Eye, published in 1970, is the first novel written by Toni Morrison, winner of the 1993 Nobel Prize in Literature.
It is the story of eleven-year-old Pecola Breedlove--a black girl in an America whose love for its blond, blue-eyed children can devastate all others--who prays for her eyes to turn blue: so that she will be beautiful, so that people will look at her, so that her world will be different. This is the story of the nightmare at the heart of her yearning and the tragedy of its fulfillment.
- #BroaderBookshelf - Science Fiction
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Staff Picks: Mystery Series Edition
- #BroaderBookshelf: Books Set in the Middle East
- #BroaderBookshelf: Summer
- #BroaderBookshelf - Autumn
- Latinx Heritage Month
- See all
- #BroaderBookshelf - Audio Science Fiction
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- #BroaderBookshelf: YA Titles
- Staff Picks: eaudio Titles
- Audiobooks for Latinx Heritage Month
- See all