In this captivating novel, Mary Balogh, the premier writer of Regency romance, invites you into a world of scandal and seduction, of glittering high society and intrigue, as an arrogant duke does the unthinkable—he falls in love with his mistress.
She races onto the green, desperate to stop a duel. In the melée, Jocelyn Dudley, Duke of Tresham, is shot. To his astonishment, Tresham finds himself hiring the servant as his nurse. Jane Ingleby is far too bold for her own good. Her blue eyes are the sort a man could drown in—were it not for her impudence. She questions his every move, breaches his secrets, touches his soul. When he offers to set her up in his London town house, love is the last thing on his mind.
Jane tries to pretend it’s strictly business, an arrangement she’s been forced to accept in order to conceal a dangerous secret. Surely there is nothing more perilous than being the lover of such a man. Yet as she gets past his devilish façade and sees the noble heart within, she knows the greatest jeopardy of all, a passion that drives her to risk everything on one perfect month with the improper gentleman who thinks that love is for fools.
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Historical Romance Novels
- Celebrity Book Club Picks
- BroaderBookshelf 400+ Pages
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Mysteries
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: World War II Historical Fiction
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Fiction Set Midcentury
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Fiction Set in the 1970s-1980s
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Read a Historical Fiction Novel
- See all
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- Historical Romance Audiobooks
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- 2020 Audie Finalists
- See all
- Featured Magazines
- Let's Get Cooking!
- News, Politics, and Business
- Lifestyle Magazines
- Popular Magazines
- All Magazines
- See all