INSTANT #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
A December 2018 Indie Next Pick
One of Kirkus Reviews' Best of 2018 Picks
BookPage Best of the Year 2018
A LibraryReads Pick for November 2018
A LibraryReads Hall of Fame Winner
Washington Post's 10 Books to Read This November
One of PopSugar's Best Fall Books to Curl Up With
"A captivating, wintry whodunit." —PEOPLE
"A constantly surprising series that deepens and darkens as it evolves." —Marilyn Stasio, New York Times Book Review
Kingdom of the Blind, the new Chief Inspector Gamache novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.
When a peculiar letter arrives inviting Armand Gamache to an abandoned farmhouse, the former head of the Sûreté du Québec discovers that a complete stranger has named him one of the executors of her will. Still on suspension, and frankly curious, Gamache accepts and soon learns that the other two executors are Myrna Landers, the bookseller from Three Pines, and a young builder.
None of them had ever met the elderly woman.
The will is so odd and includes bequests that are so wildly unlikely that Gamache and the others suspect the woman must have been delusional. But what if, Gamache begins to ask himself, she was perfectly sane?
When a body is found, the terms of the bizarre will suddenly seem less peculiar and far more menacing.
But it isn't the only menace Gamache is facing.
The investigation into what happened six months ago—the events that led to his suspension—has dragged on, into the dead of winter. And while most of the opioids he allowed to slip through his hands, in order to bring down the cartels, have been retrieved, there is one devastating exception.
Enough narcotic to kill thousands has disappeared into inner city Montreal. With the deadly drug about to hit the streets, Gamache races for answers.
As he uses increasingly audacious, even desperate, measures to retrieve the drug, Armand Gamache begins to see his own blind spots. And the terrible things hiding there.
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Latinx Heritage Month
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Fiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Nonfiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a book set in South America or Central America
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Social Science Book (Gender and Feminism)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Fiction and Mysteries)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Non Fiction)
- Historical Romance Novels
- See all
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- Audiobooks for Latinx Heritage Month
- Historical Romance Audiobooks
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- 2020 Audie Finalists
- See all
- Featured Magazines
- Let's Get Cooking!
- News, Politics, and Business
- Lifestyle Magazines
- Popular Magazines
- All Magazines
- See all