A woman's birthday party takes a dark turn in a poignant, heart-stopping new novel from the reigning queen of suspense, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Behind Closed Doors, The Breakdown, and Bring Me Back.
"A heartbreaking page-turner that will have you up at night reading just one more chapter." —Catherine Steadman, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Something in the Water
"The phenomenal B.A. Paris has done it again! I devoured The Dilemma in one sitting—it grabbed me from the very first page and wouldn't let go until I'd finished. Secrets, guilt, shame and heartbreak—this story has it all in spades."—Sandie Jones, New York Times bestselling author of The Other Woman
Knowing the truth will destroy her. Keeping it secret will destroy him.
It's Livia's 40th birthday, and her husband Adam is throwing her the party of a lifetime to make up for the wedding they never had. Everyone she loves will be there, except her daughter Marnie, who's studying abroad. But Livia is secretly glad Marnie won't be there.
Livia has recently uncovered a secret about their daughter which, if revealed, will shake the foundation of their family to its core. She needs to tell Adam, but she's waiting until the party is over so they can have this last happy time together.
Adam, meanwhile, has his own surprise for Livia: he's arranged for Marnie to secretly fly back for the party. But before Marnie arrives, Adam hears some terrible news. Now he too is faced with a dilemma: Does he share what he's learned with his wife? Is hiding the truth the same as telling a lie? And how far are Adam and Livia willing to go to protect the ones they love—and give each other a last few hours of happiness?
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Historical Romance Novels
- Celebrity Book Club Picks
- BroaderBookshelf 400+ Pages
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Mysteries
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: World War II Historical Fiction
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Fiction Set Midcentury
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Historical Fiction Set in the 1970s-1980s
- #BroaderBookshelf 2022: Read a Historical Fiction Novel
- See all
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- Historical Romance Audiobooks
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- 2020 Audie Finalists
- See all
- Featured Magazines
- Let's Get Cooking!
- News, Politics, and Business
- Lifestyle Magazines
- Popular Magazines
- All Magazines
- See all