Set in classical Athens, this "fast-paced, enjoyable, murder mystery . . . will make readers laugh and think in equal measure" (The Sydney Morning Herald).
Nicolaos, ancient Athens's favorite sleuth, and his partner in investigation, the clever priestess Diotima, have taken time off to come home and get married. But hoping to get hitched without a hitch proves overly optimistic: A skull discovered in a cave near the Sanctuary of Artemis, the ancient world's most famous school for girls, is revealed to be the remains of the Hippias, the reviled last tyrant to rule Athens.
The Athenians fought the Battle of Marathon to keep this man out of power; he was supposed to have died thirty years ago, in faraway Persia. What are his remains doing outside the city walls? Nico's boss, the great Athenian statesman Pericles, wants answers, and he orders Nico to find them. Worst of all, one of the two Sanctuary students who discovered the skull has been killed, and the other is missing. Can the sleuths solve the interlocked crimes before their wedding?
- New Arrivals | eBooks
- Latinx Heritage Month
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Fiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a Nonfiction Book Published by an Independent Publisher
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read a book set in South America or Central America
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Social Science Book (Gender and Feminism)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Fiction and Mysteries)
- #BroaderBookshelf 2021: Read A Book With A Cat Or Dog On The Cover ( Non Fiction)
- Historical Romance Novels
- See all
- New Arrivals | eAudiobooks
- Audiobooks for Latinx Heritage Month
- Historical Romance Audiobooks
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- 2020 Audie Finalists
- See all
- Featured Magazines
- Let's Get Cooking!
- News, Politics, and Business
- Lifestyle Magazines
- Popular Magazines
- All Magazines
- See all